5.3.3: How to set up a printer
Printers are normally installed through the KDE Control Center, while printing itself is enabled by CUPS (Common UNIX printing system). To add a printer, follow these steps:
- Click KMenu --> Control Center --> Peripherals --> Printers
- Click Administrative Mode button at the bottom, and supply root's password.
- Click Add --> Printer/Class, and the Add Printer Wizard will start.
- Most users will be installing a local printer, the first radio button, but other options are available.
- When setting up a printer across a network, you may have to disable your firewall.
- Follow the screens to locate the auto-detected printer (usually), identify the make and model, load the recommended driver, and print a
- If page prints correctly, continue through the Wizard screens, making sure to name your printer in a way that you will recognize.
Links and Guides