5.3.2: How to set up a monitor
See also Section 5.6
- Shutdown the entire system and disconnect the power.
- Unplug the monitor.
- Plug in new monitor and reconnect the power to the computer.
- Reboot to the LiveCD. Be sure to press F3 to check your resolution options.
- Open the MEPIS X-Windows Assistant.
- On the Repair tab:
- In the first field, select the hard drive where MEPIS is installed.
- In the second field, select the partition where "/" is mounted.
- Click "OK" or "Apply." X-Windows Assistant will copy the X configuration from the LiveCD to the /etc/X11/ folder on the
partition you have specified.
- Reboot without the CD